Monday, March 19, 2018

The Cool Mom

The other night, B had some friends over.  I gave them a little time to hang together and then I decided to see what they were doing.

First of all, I have to say that I like to get to know my kids' friends.  Know who they are hanging out with, what they are doing, how they get along, personalities, etc.

While talking to the girls, I started joking around with them.  I had them laughing.  I then said I better go so I don't embarrass B.  That's when B said it.  "You're not embarrassing.  You're the cool Mom!"

Those words you always want to hear.

Both of her friends agreed.  They said their Moms aren't cool like me.

A little later, all three girls came in to the kitchen.  They were talking about dance moves.  The one girl started teaching me the dance move (the dental floss - yea, don't ask me to show you...could be a little embarrassing).  She even said I did the move better than B (I think she was being nice).

I know the title isn't going to last long.  Give her a little time and I will be the farthest thing from cool.  Right now, though.  I'm enjoying my reign.

No comments:

Post a Comment