Wednesday, March 7, 2018

My Weird Dog

Springtime brings lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of rain.  Because of the tremendous amount of rain, our yard (sometimes) floods.  If it's not flooded, then it's REALLY muddy.

On wet, rainy days, we can't let Pippen out in the yard for long periods of time.  I'm sure I've mentioned his psychotic behavior  territory issues.  Pippen is afraid another dog will walk by and take over our yard.  He acts like a mad dog  runs back and forth trying to bite the dog walking by  along the fence barking.

We are quite well known in the area.  Yes.  The neighbors (and neighborhood) just love us.  Sometimes, in order to give us privacy, they go out of their way to avoid walking by our fence  and ferocious beast .  Most people walk their dogs on rainy days.  This means there's ample opportunity for Pippen to get some exercise and terrorize the neighbors run around the yard and get muddy.  So, we try to limit his time in the yard.

This morning it was raining when I let Pippen outside.  I wasn't planning on having him out for very long.  Apparently, due to the rain, Pippen decided his time outside was going to be cut short because he didn't want to get wet.  I knew he had to visit the yard so I tried shooing him off the deck.  I tried telling him to go and do his business.  He wasn't interested.  I ended up taking my socks off and walking outside in the cold rain and having him follow me down the stairs to the patio.  He finally decided to go and do that thing he does when outside.

I think he figured if he had to suffer in the cold rain, then I had to suffer along with him.

We will be setting up a Go-Fund Me page for Pippen so we can purchase booties, raincoat and an umbrella for his outdoor excursions in spring-like weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment