Monday, March 5, 2018

Advice my Parents gave me that stuck

When I first started driving, (obviously) my parents told me to be careful.  I think all parents say that to their children .  Especially the new drivers taking the car out by themselves for the first few hundred times.

The one thing my parents told me (way back when) that has stayed with me is:  Drive very carefully when someone else is in the car.  When you are by yourself, you can do whatever you want.

So, in other words, when someone else (one of my parents) is in my car, I have to be very careful when driving.  If I'm by myself, I can drive around like a maniac.

To this day, I remember those words.  I'm very careful with the kids in my car, or another passenger.  But, when I'm on my own, Look out!  I'm all over the road.  Taking chances.  That crazy driver that tried to run you off the road?  That was me.  Driving by myself.  Hey!  My parents told me I could drive crazy when driving alone.  That could be my plea, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment