Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Pen Shortage

If you know me, you know how much I appreciate writing instruments.  You also know that I have an ample supply of pens and pencils.  Such is not the case at work.

We don't use pens often at work, but, there are times where one is needed (customer to sign a card, write names down for personalizing, etc.).  The only problem is, pens are hard to find at work.  One day there is an abundance of pens.  The next day, you are scrambling to find just one.

One of my coworkers brought in some extra pens from home.  You know, the free ones from hotels or companies that you have laying around the house?  I was there the day she brought them to work and was quite excited that we would actually have some pens to use.  The next time I went to work (two days later) all of the pens were gone!

I've learned from these experiences and always have a pen in my apron (I'm using it now to write this post).  When this pen dies, I'll snag another one to hide from everyone.  I would bring some of my extra pens in to work, but, I know they will disappear quickly and might go unused.  I owe it to my pens to use every last drop of ink.  Maybe I should bring one of my pens to work to keep in my apron?

No comments:

Post a Comment