Monday, March 12, 2018

Something I Miss

The end of the school year is right around the corner.  We just got a list  huge packet  with all of the fun things happening in the next two months for seniors (Alex is a senior in High School).  I have been reading through the packet and checking things off the list.  Signing permission forms.  Marking dates and putting reminders on the calendar.  It's all very exciting to see the fun things that they will be doing these next two months.

But...then...  I realize he will graduate High School in May.   And, all of the Mom feelings bubble up.

I miss the hugs and cuddles.

I miss holding him and carrying him around.

I miss his chubby little hands.

I miss his head of curly hair (although, sometimes he lets it grow out).

I just want a Groundhog Day moment where I can go back in time and do it all over again.

But, I can't.


Yes.  I have one who is older.  I felt the same way when he graduated.

No comments:

Post a Comment