Friday, August 18, 2017

The Day the Air Conditioner Died

But I knew that I was out of luck
The day the air conditioner died.
I started singing

Bye, Bye My air conditioner died
Drove my Jetta to the pool
but the pool was full
And my kids were sitting around drinking
ice cold lemonade
singing

This is the day that the air conditioner died
This is the day that the air conditioner died

*original American Pie, Don McLean 


After 26 years, our air conditioner died.  We knew it was old when we moved in twenty years ago.  The repair guy is estimating the age of the unit.  Every year we cross our fingers and say, "One more year!"  This year, it didn't quite work in our favor.

Luckily it has been rather cool at night this last week (yea, it's been more than a week without air conditioning).  I open the windows then it cools off in the evening and leave them open all night.  I close them in the morning as it starts to warm up.

I'm not sure how long our luck will last with the weather.  If we don't get one this year, it will be the hottest September and October ever recorded.  If we do get a new air conditioner unit, it will be cool and we won't have to turn it on the rest of the year.

We will need to replace it eventually.  Until then, I keep on singing,

Bye, bye, My air conditioner died...

No comments:

Post a Comment