Friday, August 25, 2017

Oatmeal Coconut Milk Soap

I thought I would try my hand at making more soap.  The soap I made in June hasn't cured.  I thought I would make some more so it will be ready when we are out of the first batch.

Found a recipe for Coconut Milk Soap here and thought I would give it a try.  Sounds a little odd, but, thought it might be interesting.

Here are some of the things you will need for this soap:


Necessary items:
Safety goggles
safety gloves
glass measuring bowls (heat safe)
thermometer
spatulas
soap molds
digital scale
stick blender
whisk


Oatmeal Coconut Milk Soap

Ingredients

8oz palm oil
8oz coconut oil
8oz pure olive oil
1oz castor oil
3.2oz lye
3.59oz coconut milk
2oz fragrance oil
coloring (optional)

Again, I'm not going to put all of the instructions here.  If you are interested in making the soap, check out Rustic Escentuals Crafting Library for details and pictures!


I thought this would be quick and easy and decided to do it at night.  It took a little longer for me to get the temperatures within 10 degrees of each other.  I also added some ground up oatmeal to the soap.  It was a weird last minute decision that I might regret later.  I'm thinking I should have put some oats on top once it was in the mold.  I have to wait 6-8 weeks for the soap to cure.  I'll update you on the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment