Monday, August 14, 2017

Vegetarian Diaries - Cheesy Zucchini Bites

The dilemma of what to do with all of this zucchini is taking over my life!

I have added shredded zucchini to scrambled eggs (delicious, by the way), tried my hand at zucchini fries (they didn't turn out so well), made lots of zoodles (zucchini noodles), grilled some, added some to soup, made zucchini bread and zucchini chocolate cake.

I found this recipe here .  The whole idea of adding cheese to shredded zucchini and baking it sounded yummy, so, I just had to try it.  Turns out, the recipe was a crowd pleaser.  Even for those who aren't big zucchini fans.

I'm still in search of more zucchini recipes.  You know, like, zucchini soap, zucchini toothpaste, etc.  I'll keep you up to date with my finds.

Oh, yea, here's the recipe:

Baked Cheesy Zucchini Bites

Ingredients:

1.5 cups shredded zucchini
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs*
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder
salt/pepper to taste


Directions:

Oven 425F.

Grease a baking sheet (or use parchment paper)

Put zucchini on paper towel (or clean towel) to remove excess water.

Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix.

Place scoops of mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and slightly flatten with your hands.

Bake 16-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.


*I used ground up oats instead of bread crumbs and they were quite tasty.


If you make Cheesy Zucchini Bites, let me know!  I would love to hear how they turned out!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment