Monday, August 7, 2017

That Time I climbed a Mountain....

Yea.  You read that right.

I was out in Leadville, Colorado and the mountain was Mt. Sherman.  RT and I trained for that day.  it's not easy to mountain climb train when you live in the flat Midwest, but, we found a ski hill near us.  We filled our backpacks (I used cans, RT used weights) and we climbed up and down the small ski hill.  Oh, yea, and don't forget my daily walks carrying my backpack throughout the neighborhood.

When the big day came, we hopped into the car and headed to the mountain trail head.  We had a few slight hiccups along the way.

*We took the wrong road

*Our car almost got stuck

*We parked where we were and hiked the last quarter of a mile to the trail head

*I fell a million times going up and down the mountain

*Bella sang, "I'm a Goofy Goober," at the top of the mountain

*I had to walk a quarter of a mile backwards directing RT while he drove in reverse so he could turn the car around

Despite the hiccups, it was a real cool experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment