Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Swim Suit Shopping

Not one of my favorite things to do.

On our last get away, I forgot the bottom half of my swim suit.

Yes.  It was a tragedy.  Swim suit shopping, at least for me, is very depressing.  Trying to find that perfect suit that actually looks good on you, makes you thinner and sexy looking.  Not an easy find.

August is not the perfect time of year to shop for swim suits in the Midwest.  They already have fall clothes (and winter coats) out now.  Swim suits are put out in January (when it's -20F).  The perfect time of year, because everyone is thinking about swim suits in January.

Before we even get to the store, I already decided that I would settle with a pair of shorts.  You have to be open and flexible this time of year.  And, hey, I'm on vacation.  I won't see these people again!  And do they really care what I'm wearing?  I can probably wear a tent and no one would notice.

Unfortunately, the one store we went to (I don't think RT was up for multiple stores) had really large size bottoms and one really small size (I think it was a kid's size and might have fit my foot?).  I headed to the workout shorts section and found a couple hundred pairs to try on.

Please note that RT and Bella are in tow.  I requested their opinion and assumed both followed me to the fitting room.

When I arrived at the fitting room, only Bella was with me.  I assumed RT had other shopping to do.

I tried on a couple pairs and decided on one.  I received the thumbs up from both of my judges on my choice.  (RT appeared out of no where)

On our walk out, RT told us that we disappeared on him.  He was on his phone, looked up and he was hanging out in the bra section of the store.  I'm sure the security team found it odd that a man was hanging out in the lingerie department.

The moral of the story is supposed to be, don't forget your swimsuit when going on vacation.

I think the lesson I learned is, don't leave your husband unattended in the women's section of the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment