Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Vegetarian Diaries - Vegan Challenge

A little over six years ago, I made the decision to become a vegetarian.  It wasn't an overnight decision.  It was something I thought about for years and finally made the leap to try it for awhile.

Last weekend, RT and I watched the movie, "What the Health."  A documentary about the food industry, health organizations and Big Pharma.  The message is the idea that going vegan leads to a healthier body and life.  So, I made the decision to try going vegan and see how I feel.  I have the vegetarian part down, now to eliminate the dairy and eggs.  I am finding that cheese is something that I miss.  I read that cheese (and dairy) are very difficult to overcome because dairy is addictive.

Running along side me on this challenge is RT, who has decided to try going vegan for two weeks.  He eats my vegetarian meals, but, occasionally eats meat.  He has been struggling a little on this vegan journey.  He wants grab and go food (or maybe he just wants me to make it for him?).  He started off eating some fudge the first day.  The next day he put milk in his cereal (we have almond milk).  He was complaining of a dull headache yesterday.  I have a feeling I'm going to find him stuffing his face with cheese.

It's only been a few days since we started this crazy vegan challenge.  I'll update you and let you know how and, most importantly,  IF  we survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment