Thursday, March 30, 2017

Spring Break Craft: Wrapped Bangle Bracelet

We are remodeling the bathroom and decided to have a little stay-cation this year for Spring Break.  Since I will be home all week hanging out, I decided to pick up some things so Bella and I can fill up some of the time to make crafts.  We have a lot of these things on hand, so, I didn't spend much money.

Today's craft is a wrapped bangle bracelet.

Supplies needed:
Bangle bracelet(s)
embroidery thread
e6000 glue (or a good craft glue)
charms (optional)
scissors
patience

Choose your embroidery thread, grab a bangle bracelet and add a dab of glue and place the end of your thread on the glue and start wrapping.  I chose to do a tight wrap (all close together)  in a single color.  At the halfway point, I added a dab of glue to the bracelet (just incase the embroidery thread decided to unwind) and kept going.  When I got to where I started, well, I decided to go around one more  time.  If you choose to stop, just add a dab of glue so your last wraps will stick to the bracelet.  Use the scissors to cut off the excess thread.

At this point, you can add your charms to the bracelet.


Bella was getting all stressed out while we were doing this craft.  I think I wrapped half of her bracelet for her.  I was calling her the "crabby crafter" because she kept complaining while we were making these bracelets.  She promises to be in better spirits for the other crafts.  Wish me luck...I think I'm going to need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment