Sunday, March 19, 2017

Chocolate Cupcake Recipe

I needed a recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes for Alex's birthday and came across this recipe.

I find that cake and cupcakes taste better when you make them from scratch.  I can't do the box mixes.  And purchasing them from the store is out of the question (too much sugar!).  I know...cake, cupcakes, cookies...not the healthiest of food choices, but, at least I know what I'm putting into my sweet treats.

Anyway, here's the recipe:


Chocolate Cupcake Recipe

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup oil
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp vinegar

Directions:

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl.  Blend well.

Put in cupcake holders and bake 20-25 minutes at 350F.

Frost cupcakes and serve.

To make a layer cake, double the recipe and place in two round pans.  Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick in center of cake, comes out clean.


Chocolate Frosting:

3oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
salt
3 Tbsp milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.  Add powdered sugar, cocoa, salt, milk and vanilla and mix well.
Store extra in the refrigerator.


Let me know if you try making them.  I would love to hear what you think of this recipe!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment