Friday, March 3, 2017

Vegetarian Diaries - Roasted Cauliflower

I bought a head of cauliflower thinking RT was going to use it when he made a salad.  The salad never materialized and I thought I better use the cauliflower before it went bad.

Normally I will steam it or make cauliflower soup.  This time, I wanted to do something different and thought it would be fun to try roasting it in the oven.  I found some recipes online and got to work.

When all was done, I wasn't expecting the cauliflower to be so delicious.  I think I ate half of the cauliflower (RT ate the other half)!    I think I just found a new way to eat cauliflower.

Here's the recipe:

Roasted Cauliflower

1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
2 or 3 garlic cloves, cleaned and minced
1/2 a lemon, juiced
olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Oven to 400F.  Place florets onto baking dish.  Toss in garlic cloves and mix.  Add in lemon juice and brush olive oil onto florets.  Add salt and pepper.  Roast in oven, uncovered for 25-30 minutes until tender.


*I opted for lemon pepper instead of the lemon juice and skipped the salt


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment