Wednesday, March 29, 2017

How you doing?

I came down with a cold a few weeks ago and can't seem to shake this cough.  I think it's on week three.  I feel fine....except for the cough, which can be quite annoying.

For the past few nights, I have been sleeping on the couch.  I don't think RT notices when I leave or return (he's usually asleep).

One night, while sleeping on the couch, I heard someone walking around upstairs.  Then footsteps on the stairs.  I realized it was Pippen.  He came over and put his nose in my face.  I decided to go upstairs to bed.  That morning, I asked RT if Pippen was sleeping in our room (our bedroom door was open when I went back upstairs to bed, and Pippen knows how to open doors).  RT didn't know the dog was in the room.  He also didn't know that I left and came back.  That's probably a good thing.  He doesn't normally sleep that well.

Last night, when I returned to bed, I just wanted to climb in and go right to sleep.  I was hoping RT wouldn't say anything.  I thought if I start talking, I would start coughing and would have to go back downstairs on the couch.  As if he is listening to what goes through my head, RT then says, "How are you doing?"  I gave a thumbs up and then realized it was dark and he couldn't see it.  He asked again.  "How are you doing?"  I finally said, "I don't want to talk or I'll start coughing."

We are definitely nailing the old fashioned pillow talks.

No comments:

Post a Comment