Friday, September 9, 2016

Roasted and Stuffed Poblano Peppers

My poblano plant in my garden went a little crazy this year.  I was adding them into salsas and tacos. One day I went to the garden and picked 8 poblanos.  I decided to try and roast them.  Here is my take on:

Roasted and Stuffed Poblano Peppers

Ingredients:

8-10 poblano peppers
1 cup cooked rice
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (8 oz) spanish style tomato sauce
1/2 cup corn
a few sprigs of cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup onion or green onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheese

Directions:

Cook rice according to directions.

Cut tops off poblanos and take out seeds.  Place on cookie sheet and put in oven that is set to broil.  After 5-7 minutes, turn peppers over for another 5 minutes.  Once you pull the peppers out of the oven, place them into a zip lock bag, seal and wait about 10 minutes.

While you are waiting....

Mix rice, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, onion, cheese, cilantro in a bowl.

Take peppers out of bag and peel skins off.

Spoon rice mixture into poblanos and place on greased cookie sheet or baking dish.

Place poblanos in oven at 350F for about 20 minutes.



*sorry I didn't measure out quantities.  I'm an "eyeballer" when it comes to cooking.  If it looks right, then it's right.  :)

**I used brown rice.  You can substitute farro or quinoa for rice.

If you try making them, let me know how they turned out!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment