Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Responsibility

So, the neighbors decided to ask Bella to watch their cat while they are on vacation in Europe. Bella was quite excited. I thought this was the perfect opportunity to learn responsibility.

The first day went great. Bella came home and told me how the cat followed her everywhere. She sat down and the cat jumped in her lap. She petted the cat and it purred and purred.
I thought, "This is great!"

Day two. Bella is excited. Runs over. Next thing you know she's back. I said, "You should stay longer. Give Spooky some attention" (Spooky is the cat's name) Bella says, "I can't get back into the house."  I thought she was joking. Bella started crying and I realize it isn't a joke. Apparently, Bella ran outside to get the paper and the mail. Not sure why she didn't just bring it in when she was walking up the driveway. 

So, the sheet of paper with the sister's phone number is in the house. I'm trying to contact neighbors to see if anyone has a key (no one does). I try messaging the neighbor on Facebook. I even send her son (the one she is visiting) a message on Facebook.  I put off texting her. The cat was fed so we had some time before we had to go over there and feed her again. So, I guess the whole responsibility thing kind of went out the window. 

The next morning, I went outside to stretch and go for my walk. I look up and see the sisters car in the driveway. I'm so excited that I run over there and ring the bell. After explaining everything that happened I got the key and the piece of paper with the phone numbers. I made a copy and made sure that they are on the cork board by my desk. 

Bella and I went together to feed Spooky. We talked about how she should bring the mail and newspaper in when she is going into the house. And that she should keep the key (which is on one of those stretchy cords you can wear as a bracelet) on her arm the entire time. If she is leaving the house make sure the key is on your wrist. 

Let's hope we survive the rest of the week without incident.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment