Monday, March 3, 2014

Whistling a tune

So, I have developed this bad habit. I will get a song in my head and I will start to whistle the song. At this point, I realize that if I continue, RT will ask what song I am whistling and will start singing/whistling/humming the song. 

I know. That doesn't sound awful.  But, trust me, it is when, three weeks down the road RT is still whistling what used to be my favorite song. I say "used to" because it was ruined by weeks and weeks of torturous renditions of the song by you know who. 

This is where my "bad habit" comes in to play. I will start whistling the song, then realize that RT might be listening so I change the tune I am whistling. What I whistle does not come out sounding like any particular song. It's just a bunch of random notes. 

RT caught me the other day. He asked what I was trying to whistle. I said , "a song...."  He finished my sentence with, "a song you don't want me to sing."  (busted!)

He then said it sounded like a Russian battle hymn. He was wondering when I got into that genre of music. 

He wanted to know what song I really was singing. I told him I don't want him to ruin it just yet. 

Until then, bring on the Russian battle hymns.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you had recorded it. I'd like to hear what a Russian battle hymn sounds like.

    ReplyDelete