Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's that stunned moment where you don't know what to say.

We have all been in that situation. You are talking to someone that you know (well, you think you know them) and they start telling you something and well, there you are, stunned.  Mouth wide open.  Don't know what to say.

I had that moment the other day.  I was talking to someone that I know (can't tell you a name or where I know them from, sorry) about dogs and a book that I just read.

A little side note:  I was talked into reading the book, "The Art of Dancing in the Rain" by a neighbor.  She said "You have dogs.  You will like this book."  (It's a good book, by the way). This neighbor forgot to mention the fact that in the first lines of the book (SPOILER ALERT!  SKIP THE NEXT SENTENCE OR TWO! OR THREE!) that the dog is old and is dying.  Newton is older (he will be 12 in June).  He isn't dying, tho.  The thought of Newton at this stage gets me quite sad (he's my third child).

Anyway, back to this person I was talking to (the one I can't give out a name) starts telling me, well, first that she has read the book.  Then she goes on to say that her husband is quite attached to their dog (who is only 6).  She said that he will be upset when the dog dies (well, she will too, but, it's really his dog).  Then she tells me that the dog they had before was her dog and that they have the remains in an urn in their living room.  The remains are set so the "dog" can look out the front window.  When she dies, she is going to be buried with her dog's remains and her husband will be buried with his dog's remains.

Yea.  For once in my life, I was speechless.  I mean, what do you say to that?  

No comments:

Post a Comment