Friday, June 14, 2013

A Mini Tie Notebook for Dad

This gift might take you a little longer than the last gift.  I found this craft on Dollar Store Crafts and thought it would be a cute gift for RT.  I really just wanted to try making it and see if it really is that easy to make.

This is a little notebook that is covered with a man's tie.  The notebook can be placed in his shirt pocket or can be put in his briefcase (or sit on his desk).

What do you need?
Old tie
small blank notebook
saw
binder clips
scissors
hot glue gun
patience

The Dollar Store Crafts link has the directions to make the tie.  I will add that I found an old tie at a thrift store (it was hard picking one that you knew you were going to cut) for $1.00.  I hand washed the tie (because I'm weird like that and because I wasn't sure where the tie had been).  The notebook was from the dollar store.  And I wrote that you need patience because it really isn't that easy to saw through a notebook.  It's not difficult, but, it takes a little time.
Make sure that you get the dust out from the notebooks before continuing your project

 
I didn't have a shirt pocket to put it inside, so, it's laying on the floor

All ready to go!
 
What are you planning for Father's Day?
Are you making any gifts this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment