Thursday, June 13, 2013

Teenager and Texting

Month three.

I wasn't going to post anymore about Alex and his texting.  He's at camp and can't tell me not to blog about it.  When he returns, it will be too late. 

So, Alex, in his first month of having his phone had 4,987 texts.  Yea.  That's a lot of texting in a month.  His second month numbers went down a little. 

As I said, I thought this whole texting novelty would wear off and his numbers would eventually go down.  I have noticed that since he has been out of school his texting has increased.  I think the summer numbers are going to be high since he can text all day.

Well, I got the bill and am SUPER GRATEFUL that we have an unlimited texting plan.  Are you ready for the numbers?  You might want to sit down for this one.  It's pretty frightening.  I'm wondering if I could get a time table when all of these texts were done.  Okay, I've wasted enough time.  The number of texts for month three for Alex is....10,074.  That's about 335 texts a day for a month.  Broken down to about 21 texts an hour (assuming he is sleeping 8 hours).

I'm wondering who is making out on this whole texting plan?  I'm also hoping we don't get kicked out of our plan because of too many texts.  I do have a feeling the next bill will be higher because of summer break.  He does not have his phone at camp, but, I'm sure it will be buzzing non-stop once he returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment