Friday, June 7, 2013

Questions that need answers

Why is it every time I go to the bathroom someone is trying to find me?

This goes along with, why does everyone want to talk to me when I'm on the phone?

I can be hanging out in the house (or outside) and no one needs me, wants to talk or ask me questions.  The minute I step into the bathroom, someone has to ask me a very important question (and tries to through the door).  Or, they want to have a heart to heart conversation.  Maybe they want to ask me where something is (because I am mom, I know where everything is, including where they last put something) or if a friend could come over.  The best is when they answer the door and then tell me someone is waiting for me at the door.  (I'm afraid to ask if they told them that I'm in the bathroom)  Pippen has caught onto this and he tries to open the door while I'm in the bathroom (he can open doors).  So, if it isn't the kids, it's the dog.

The same goes for the phone.  (with the kids, not the dogs)  I don't talk on the phone that much, but, the few times that I do, that is when everyone thinks it's a great time to talk to me.  They see me holding the phone to my ear and it's my invitation to talk.  "Hey!  I'm holding the phone to my ear, that means I'm ready to listen to you!"

 

1 comment:

  1. The same things happens to me! I like to put my headphones on and listen to music when I brush my teeth, and it never fails: someone comes knocking on the door...

    ReplyDelete