Friday, June 14, 2013

Easy Dad's Day Gift - Kisses Jar

Father's Day is fast approaching.  Did you buy Dad something yet?   It's not too late for your child to make a gift for him.

I sure hope RT doesn't look at this post before Father's Day. I probably don't have to worry about that...I don't think he views my blog at all. Good thing! That gives me more to talk about. :)

My side kick Bella and I decided we wanted to craft something for RT for the big day on Sunday. We started early on this project, not wanting to try something at the last minute and have it fail. Although, that would make an interesting post.

I saw many of these glass jars with Hershey Kisses in them with downloadable printables.  I think they look great, but, if they are from your child, why not have them decorate the jars themselves?  Anyone can use a computer to make the gift "perfect."  I think they will look "perfect" with your child's artistic touch.  This is a gift that a child any age can make for their Dad (or Grandpa). 

What you need:
Clean, empty glass jar (we used a pickle jar)
Hershey Kisses
Pretty paper, white paper
scissors
glue
imagination

First things, first.  I painted the lid for our jar (white).  I didn't think RT wanted an advertisement for pickles on his gift.  If you don't have time to do this, use your pretty paper and glue on the top of the jar lid.  You can also add ribbon around the lid to hide any words on the side.

I helped Bella a little with the paper.  I measured how much paper was needed, drew the lines and let her cut them out.  She glued the pretty paper to the side of the jar.  She made an oval from a piece of white paper (I had something she could trace to cut out) and she decorated it with "Dad" (notice the black tie on it?)
Dad

She decided she wanted to write something on the lid
Using white paper, she traced the lid and wrote,
"Here are some of my kisses"
she also wrote "love" on the side  :)
glued it to the top of the lid (outside of the lid)
Fill your jar with kisses (and lots and lots of l-o-v-e)
and, there you have it,
a Father's Day gift made with L-O-V-E!

No comments:

Post a Comment