Thursday, June 27, 2013

Homemade Bubbles

I found this recipe for bubbles years ago in the newspaper. I always wanted to try it out and see if it works.  We're always looking for fun things to do outside.  These bubbles are easy to make (and your child can help you make them!).

What you need:

4 cups water
1 cup dish soap (I used Palmolive)
1/4 cup corn syrup
Plastic jug to hold bubble solution

Mix all ingredients in the jug and let it settle (it will be quite bubbly from the mixing)

*I just happened to have an empty bubble container to store the bubbles.  At least I won't have to use my fancy post-it note system on an empty milk container. :)

Corn syrup can be purchased in the baking aisle.

These bubbles were easy to make and, most importantly, they work!   

Bella and I had fun outside using the bubbles.  If you need fun bubble makers check out the dollar store. 
 
if you look closely, there's a bubble stuck in her hair by her ear
we have quite a few interesting bubble wands

 Even Pippen got in on the fun and started jumping and trying to eat the bubbles.  He probably would have licked the bubble wands clean if I let him (he's a little crazy).

Let me know how the bubbles turn out for you.

1 comment: