Friday, September 14, 2012

Mama and Me

I just found this adorable idea on Pinterest.  I'm linking back to the original person's post so you can read a little more. 

I fell in love with this Mama and Me book idea.  What a wonderful way to communicate with your child.  And what a fun memory to have and keep.

This is my first attempt at trying out a pin on Pinterest. 

Yes, I'm on Pinterest.  It can be a little addicting.  Getting lost for hours and hours, looking at everyone's pins. 

Anyway, getting back to my "pin" and project.

Bella and I are pretty close.  She's a momma's girl.  I mentioned a couple of posts ago about the lunch notes and how she loved getting them in her lunch (even though she reads them when she wakes up in the morning).  Sending little notes in her lunch is something I had in mind before she went to school.  The boys were not really into the notes (it wasn't really a big deal for them).  And, now, I think they would be embarassed if they got a note in their lunch from their mom. 

After seeing this idea on Pinterest, I tracked down the blog and searched for the post. 

This is a book of notes between you and your child.  Bella loves to write and is the one I thought would get the most enjoyment out of this idea.  Good practice at writing and a great keepsake.  :)  I thought I would try it and see what happens.

Tools needed?
Composition notebook
printable label*
pretty paper (to decorate cover)
clear contact paper (to protect book) (I used modge podge)

*Click on the above link and you can get your own printable label for the front of your book.

I used Mama Jenn's intro letter

Dear  ____   ,
Would you like to be my pen pal? Instead of mailing letters to each other, we can keep them here in this notebook. Does that sound like fun?
I will write to you and then leave the notebook on your bed. Then, when you want to write me back you can begin writing on the next page and leave the notebook on my bed when you are done.
You can write about anything! It can be funny or serious! Just write about whatever is on your mind! :-)
I am so excited and I hope that you are excited too!
Love,
Mom
P.S. Write back soon! :-)

Here are some pictures of my notebook

my modge podge puckered a bit 


I love hearts, so, of course I had to add a heart to this book

I put this on Bella's bed and she was pretty excited. 

I think this is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment