Saturday, September 22, 2012

I've fallen and I can't get up!


You may be old enough to remember this commercial. 
 

After this aired, a lot of people went around saying that line, "I've fallen and I can't get up!"

Last night, I had to run downstairs and let Pippen out.  Yes, I know.  The kids told me that they would take care of him, all I would have to do is let him out when they are at school.  That is not the case.  At all.  But, that's another story.

Anyway, we have a lot of stairs at our house.  I had to run down two flights of stairs to let Pippen outside.  I didn't want him to have an accident in the house.

When I got to the second flight, I didn't run.  I slipped and fell down the entire flight of stairs.  With all my cries for help, the only one to rescue me was Pippen. (who wasn't really much help with a lick to the face)  Alex couldn't be torn away from his video game to help me.  Nick was up in his room with ear buds on and probably didn't hear me  (I was in the basement).   

I managed to get up and let Pippen out.  I went upstairs and took some Advil because I knew that I would be in ALOT more pain the next day.  Then I went upstairs to bed.  That's where I found RT.  All cozy in bed.  He asked what happened.  I told him.  He said he didn't hear me because he was asleep.  He did say that if he was awake, he would have come to my rescue. 

After the witness situation, we all know that probably wouldn't happen.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you're okay. (I love the woman's family member's hair in the commercial. She must be from Jersey.)

    ReplyDelete