Wednesday, May 2, 2018

My Weird Dog

With all of these "My Weird Dog" posts, I'm starting to realize that Pippen really is weird.  I'm also worried how people say that dogs are just like their owners.  Does that mean I'm weird?  I hope not.

Pippen is pretty good when left at home alone.  Well, really good, I guess.  He doesn't get into any trouble (tear things or do his business in the house).  All he does is sleep.

If left for long periods of time, he can be quite clingy when we return.  It's either that or he gives us the stare down while we are watching TV.  His face says, "You left me!"

If everyone is gone during the day, for two or more days in a row, Pippen will go in the dirty clothes bins in the laundry room and pull out a pair of RT's socks.  At first, I would find RT's dirty socks in random places.  Like, in the middle of the basement.  I thought, "Why does he throw them there, when he could walk a few more feet and toss them in the laundry room?"  Then one day, my dirty socks were in the middle of the basement and I realized I knew the culprit.

Not only do we find dirty socks in the basement, I've found them in the family room.  Our laundry room is in the basement, so, Pippen is carrying around RT's dirty socks throughout the house.

Bella came home from school the other day.  Pippen was laying in his usual spot in the living room.  Next to him was a pair of RT's dirty socks.  She took a picture of him with the socks.  He didn't move at all.  Again, probably upset that Bella interrupted his nap.

I try to remember to tell everyone to give Pippen extra attention on days when no one has been around all day.  It's hard to remember, though.  I'm thinking maybe he should just get a job sorting laundry.

No comments:

Post a Comment