Saturday, August 8, 2015

Training

RT has been in training mode for Mountain Climbing.  I’ve been tagging along with the hopes that I might be able to climb a mountain with him.  It’s also a great switch up with the walking I do during the week.  I’ve noticed a difference in how I feel.  It’s a good feel (healthier because I exercised) and bad feel (like not being able to walk or squat).

You have to remember that we live in Illinois.  It’s REALLY flat here.  We train by climbing a hill at the forest preserve.  We go up and down the hill several times.

RT packs his back pack with bricks.  I don’t ask why.  Probably to make it tough for the workout and when he does the actual climb his back pack (without bricks) will feel light as a feather.  Or, maybe he just likes carrying a bunch of bricks around (you never know with him).

I carry a back pack, too.  My back pack doesn't have bricks.  I carry books and anything else I can grab before leaving the house.  


I’m hoping this pain and suffering (it’s not that bad) will pay off and I will be able to climb a mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment