Thursday, August 20, 2015

Car Comfort

It's interesting how in car commercials they show a family driving on the expressway in a nice car.  The family is all smiles.  The car is packed like they are going on vacation.  Everyone is happy and comfortable sitting in the car.  There is plenty of room around them while sitting inside the car.  They get to their destination, open the trunk to get their luggage out and there is all of this space back there.  When they get out of the car after the long drive, they don't have to stretch their legs or back.  They don't have leg or butt cramps.

I bring this up because we just got back from a road trip.  There were four of us in the car.  We packed light.  The trunk was full.  We even had items inside the car with us.  Sitting in the back seat was just OK.  I had a hard time getting comfortable (could be that I can't stand being in the car on long trips).  I felt like I was folded inside the back seat.  OK, that might be because my husband is REAL tall and requires A LOT of leg room, so the driver seat is so far back it is in the back seat.  (Bella has to sit behind him).  And my growing teenager needed leg room so his seat was back, also.  My right knee may never be the same.

We didn't have that whole happy thing going on.  When we got out of the car, we all had to unfold our bodies and stretch a little.

Who are the car companies fooling?

Does anyone else have this problem on family road trips?

Maybe I just need a specially designed car for TALL people.

No comments:

Post a Comment