Friday, August 14, 2015

The Famous Pizza Pasta Salad

I have to admit, I can make only one pasta salad.  My kids absolutely love this pasta salad.  They would eat it every day if they could (If I would make it every day).  I’ve thought about trying to make other pasta salads but my kids tell me that I have perfected the pasta salad with this recipe and that no other pasta salad can compare.

I’m thinking that is the ultimate compliment.

Here's the recipe.  Not sure where I got this one.  Now you can make it and be the best pasta salad maker ever.  

Pizza Pasta Salad

Ingredients
I pound spiral macaroni, cooked and drained
3 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 pound cheddar cheese, cubed*
1 to 2 bunches of green onions, sliced
3 oz sliced pepperoni
1/3 cup black olives
3/4 cup olive oil
2/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp pepper

In large bowl, combine macaroni, tomatoes, cheese, green onions and pepperoni and black olives.

In small bowl, combine oil, Parmesan cheese, vinegar and seasonings and pour over macaroni mixture.

Cover and refrigerate for four hours.

*I have used shredded cheddar cheese

**You can make this vegetarian by eliminating the pepperoni.  I have done this and my kids don’t mind it at all.  

I try to make this every so often.  The last time I made this, apparently I didn’t make enough.   Someone complained that they didn’t get enough to eat.*

*translation:  someone beat them to the breakfast serving of pasta salad…they were left with an empty container

If you try making the pasta salad, let me know what you think!  


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment