Monday, August 3, 2015

Zucchini Chocolate Cake

I’m surprised I haven’t shared this recipe on this blog yet.  I absolutely love this cake!  It’s so moist and so easy to make!  It’s my father in laws favorite cake.  

Every year I have an abundance of zucchini in my garden and I’m always wondering what I can do with it all. This is one of the recipes that I make that the whole family enjoys.   

I don’t remember where I got this recipe from.  It’s not an original.  


Zucchini Chocolate Cake
Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil*
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp chocolate flavoring
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 cups shredded zucchini
1 6oz pkg semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Oven 325F
Grease 13x9 baking dish.

Beat together: butter, oil and sugar in large bow until light and fluffy.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Blend in flavorings.

Combine dry ingredients.  Add them to creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beating well after each addition.  Stir in zucchini.  Pour into prepared pan.  Sprinkle with chocolate chips and nuts.  Bake 50 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool on wire rack.

I know I have posted quite a few zucchini recipes, but, this one really takes the cake.  (ha ha ha)

If you try making this cake, let me know what you think.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment