Sunday, August 2, 2015

What's For Dinner?

Does anyone else cringe when they hear those words?  

When asked this question, You know, deep down, that they are looking for an answer that will “wow” them.  Some delicious meal that they will love and maybe even have a second helping. 

Unfortunately with my kids, nothing “wow’s” them.

I make all the kid friendly meals.  You know, pasta, taco’s and homemade pizza.  If I try something new, I get asked if they can make a frozen pizza.  At one point I decided that I wasn’t going to cook.  RT asked “ what will the kids eat?”  He was probably imagining them starving because their mother refuses to cook a meal for them.    I replied, “What they always eat:  frozen pizza.”

I’m not big on processed foods, but, sometimes I cave and tell them they can eat whatever they want for dinner.  Again, it’s usually a frozen pizza.  

I have taken to making a meat meal one day and a vegetarian meal the next.  They can try the vegetarian meal (they like most things I make) or they can have left overs.

Some people have a set meal plan for every week.  I like to mix things up a bit so we don’t get sick of having the same thing week after week.  

What’s your meal plan?  Got any suggestions for me?


What are you making for dinner?

2 comments:

  1. You should subscribe to Vegetarian Times. (If you don't already.) I got the remaining subscription from a previous resident and must say , I look forward to every issue. There always seems to be something good and it follows the seasons nicely. (Real manly huh? Don't tell Patti!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Vegetarian Times! I have checked out issues from the library. Unfortunately they don't let you check out the current issue, so, I'm usually anywhere from 2-6mos behind (depends on availability). Oh, and don't worry, your secret is safe with me.

    ReplyDelete