Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Social Media - Putting it all out there

I noticed the growing trend of putting your entire life on social media.

--------wait....isn't that what this blog is..?  Me?  Talking about my scary life and everyone can read about it?

Yes.  Blogs are part of this, but, I will expand on blogs next time.
And, I (hope) I don't bore you with stories of my life?  I'm hoping you can relate to the story (or just laugh about all of the scary things that happen to me).

Well, what I'm referring to is the everyday life.  The every minute of every day of your life.  Every.  Single.  Detail.

I'm sure you've seen it, especially if you are on any type of social media.

"Woke up at 6am to the birds chirping."
"Eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast and watching TV"
"Just checking in at ________ Restaurant."
"Watching a baseball game."
"Watching reality TV."
"Watching paint dry."

Oh, and my favorite:

"Doing a load of laundry."

And, don't forget the pictures.

"Just had surgery" followed by a picture of a swollen body area that is all sorts of colors and covered in stitches and dried blood.

Or,

"Twisted my ankle" goes along with a picture of a swollen foot turning purple/green/blue/black and that is in desperate need of a pedicure.

To those people I would like to say, spare us the photos.  We believe you when you say that your surgery went bad and you are developing a weird infection around the incision.  Trust me.  I don't need to see it to believe it!

I won't say much about the loving tributes.  Especially the ones that make it sound like the other person will actually read it.  Never mind that they are celebrating their first birthday, they might have their own Face book page and will read it before they, um....... take a nap?

It's fun to see updates of what people are doing.  I know there are a few people I'm interested in seeing (some) of their daily activities.  (Note the "some" details)

So, the rest of you?  Try to keep it to a minimum.  We don't want to know about your bathroom trips, shower schedule or see the photo of your hang nail.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment