Friday, October 14, 2016

Soap Update

Remember that crazy day I decided to finally make soap?  I was stressed because it was my first time making soap and "someone" decided she needed my full attention?

I'm happy to report that her tablet cover came out nicely.  But, I'm sure you knew that already.

I realized during my soap making process that the scale I have is not great to use when making soap.  Especially since you need accurate measurements.  I let my soap cure for 3 1/2 months (it was still soft at 2 months) to make sure it wouldn't fall apart right away.  I have been using it now for the last couple of weeks and so far so good.  I know my mistakes (bad measuring, not enough essential oils, etc.).  I have since bought a new scale and hope to try the whole process again.

Now to find some uninterrupted time.

No comments:

Post a Comment