Friday, June 24, 2016

Soap - Soap Making - Homemade Soap

I did it.  I finally took the plunge and made soap.  I have tried melt and pour in the past.  (Alex wanted to make soap and I thought this would work for us).  This time, I made Cold Processed soap (CP).

I have wanted to try making soap for years and I am so glad I finally had the nerve to try.  I think my biggest fear was working with lye.  I took all the precautions and everything worked out perfectly.

There are several tutorials out there so I'm not going to bore you with another one.  Just do your research and choose the best option for you.  I think the hardest part of this whole process will be waiting for the soap to cure (4-6 weeks).  I will probably make more soap while I am waiting.  I think the bars will make great Christmas gifts and, well, as I have posted before, we can ALWAYS use soap in the kids' bathroom.

I would like to show pictures and tell you what a lovely experience the soap making process was for me.  How it opened my eyes, heart and soul.  Filling me with joy, peace, love and harmony.  You know, the whole Martha Stewart experience.

But, as you know, none of this happened, because this is a Scary Journey Inside My Life.  The reality?  Bella decided to start a new major craft project the minute I started my soap making project. (sewing her own felt tablet cover).  This project somehow involved a bit of help from me, all at crucial soap making parts.  Luckily, I had everything set up and ready to go, so my soap project went somewhat smoothly.

Only time will tell (4-6 weeks) how my soap project worked out.

Let's hope for the best!

1 comment: