Wednesday, October 5, 2016

DIY Homemade Liquid Laundry Detergent

As you know, I make a grated version for homemade laundry detergent.  I still use the grated version, but, decided that a liquid laundry detergent would be nice, especially for dark clothes.  I wash a lot of my clothes in cold water and sometimes the powder version doesn't do well with the dark clothes.

I found this recipe for liquid laundry detergent on One Good thing by Jillee and I love it!  It's simple to make and easy to use!  Check out her site for some more helpful hints.

Here's the recipe:


Liquid Laundry Detergent

1/2 cup borax
1/2 cup washing soda
1/2 cup Dawn Dish soap
4 cups HOT water

Pour the borax and washing soda into a gallon size container.  Add the Dawn dish soap.

Slowly add the hot water.

Slowly fill the rest of the container with cold water.*

*You might have to let it sit for awhile and let it settle before completely filling the container.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


Well, now that I made some, I have to go do some laundry!

If you try it, let me know how it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment