Wednesday, October 12, 2016

I Quit

I was at work the other day, hanging out in the front of the store.  The owner and manager were in the back unloading a shipment off a truck.  The phone rings, I answer it and the person wants to speak to the owner.  I asked for his name.  The caller did not want to give me his name.  Instead, he starts telling me to relay this information to the owner.

"One of your employees is going to give their two week notice today.  You have to make sure she gives it.  I need her more than he needs her.  Make sure she quits today."

Me:  Hold o, let me get the owner.

Caller:  I don't need to talk to him.  Just tell him that (person's name) is quitting today and make sure that she does it.  I need her more than he does.

Me:  Are you from another company?

Caller:  I'm her husband and I need her to work at my company.

So, first of all, this employee isn't married.  It was her boyfriend calling.  Secondly, why is he calling her boss?  She's in her late 30's, by the way.  I think she's old enough to handle herself and quit her job all by herself.

Then I thought maybe I'm on "Candid Camera" or "Punk'd."  I was waiting for someone to jump out and say, "Just kidding!"

No one appeared.

On lunch, the owner was in the office.  I started out with, "I'm going to tell you something and then I want to be removed from the situation."

I think they expected that she was going to quit.  It was odd that her boyfriend called.  I thought "Maybe she doesn't know he called?  Maybe he's controlling."

I also didn't like that they involved me (an innocent bystander) to be the messenger.  The woman did come in to work that day and they confronted her and she did give her two week notice.

Yea, only me.

I'm not sure why these weird things happen to me.  It makes a good story, right?

Would you ever have your significant other call your work and tell them you are going to quit?  Would you do that to or for your significant other?

No comments:

Post a Comment