Thursday, May 1, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Day Gift - Big Smartie

It's Teacher Appreciation Week here.  Time to thank the teacher's for all that they do.

Last year, if you remember, Bella gave her teacher the M & M jar.  Take a look HERE.

This year we thought we would do something a little different.  There are SO many ideas online (and on Pinterest).  I decided on the Smarties candy.  I bought a giant Smarties (is it supposed to be plural?), got out my pretty paper and let Bella cut it out.

WHAT?

You heard me.  I had the child do it.

I know.  I know.  Pinterest makes you feel like you, the adult, have to do it and make it look absolutely perfect.  The gift is from the student and that is who should be in charge of making the gift, right?

Getting back to what Bella did for this teacher gift.

Bella cut out some pretty paper and made sure both sides looked nice.  I let her use some fancy scissors so the edges look nice.  She wrote on a piece of white paper, "Thank you for helping me become a big Smartie" and glued that to the pretty paper.  Used the hole punch, tied some ribbon on the card and onto the Smarties (I had to help a little here) and it was ready to gift.

Supplies needed:
Big Smarties candy
Pretty paper
White paper
Pen
glue
scissors
hole punch 
ribbon

Pretty simple, huh?

*unfortunately I do not have a picture at this time.  Bella snatched it up and took it to school before I could snap a picture.  I'm sure you can use your imagination.

***Looking for other ideas for Teacher Appreciation gifts?  Check these out:

 Thank you for making me a Sharpie
Thank you for being my M & M
Thank you for your Commit "mint"

No comments:

Post a Comment