Thursday, May 15, 2014

Remembering the Bad

This could probably be a regular post here.  It seems there are quite a few memories of bad things that happen to me.  I thought I would share one more.

When I was pregnant with Nick, RT and I went to this new baby store.  I heard so much about the store that I wanted to go check it out.

RT parks the car and we start walking up to the store.

I could just stop there and you could imagine the lovely experience that we had and the wonderful baby items in the store.  A happy time for all of us.

Of course, this is the Scary Journey inside my Life, so, obviously there is more to the story.

Honestly, I don't recall the store being that great.  In fact, I don't really remember much of the store at all. Nothing stands out.

Now, if you ask RT about the experience, he will give you a different story. 

One day, I remember asking RT, "Do you remember that baby store that we went to?

RT:  Is that the one where you stepped in gum in the parking lot?

Yes, it was an awful experience.  I remember saying,

"Who throws their gum on the ground?" 

"What are garbage cans for!"  "

"That's disgusting!"

It was awful.  Just awful.  A moment in my life that I wanted to just go away. Never to happen again.  Never to hear about it again.  And yet, here is my husband, reminding me about it.  Not just reminding me, but, this is embedded in his brain.  A moment he has not forgotten.  And, now, after writing this, it is a moment for everyone else to remember.
 
Thanks, honey for remembering....If you didn't remind me, maybe I would forget......

No comments:

Post a Comment