Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Retired? Better go get a job!

I was helping Nick with his taxes the other day. 

If you read the previous post then you know I wasn't much help.

Nick started asking why he has to pay Medicaid/Medicare.  I said that he's paying for his grandparents health insurance.  He said, why don't they get a job and pay for their own health insurance?  I said I'm sure that they would appreciate hearing that...

Nick then asked why he is paying Social Security when he won't be getting anything from it when he gets older.  This led into a political discussing about "what happened to all of the money in the Social Security fund?"  I did end with the fact that he is currently paying his grandparents with that money and that I'm sure they are grateful.  Again, his reply was, "Why don't they go get a job!"  (he was kidding, mom!)

I think if Nick was President all senior citizens would be out working.

Yes.  Even you, mom.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment