Wednesday, April 16, 2014

100 Things That I Am Thankful For

Remember my post about being thankful for what you already have?  If not, click HERE.

A brief background on the story:  Bella was complaining about something and as a punishment I told her to sit down and write 100 things that she was thankful for on a piece of paper.  I thought it over and decided that I should put myself to the test and write down 100 things that I am thankful for.

So, as promised, I have taken the challenge and here is my list of 100 things that I am thankful for.

These are in no particular order.

Here we go:

I am thankful for:

1.  My life
2.  God 
3.  The Bible
4.  Jesus dying/rising to save our sins
5.  my husband
6.  My children
7.  my mom and dad
8.  my brothers (& other extended family...I mean, I could go on and on with nieces/nephews.I'll just cut it short.
9.  my home
10.  my dogs
11.  food to eat
12.  clothes and shoes to wear
13.  my health
14.  my car (not just any car, a ghetto van)
15.  my bed
16.  being able to cook and bake
17.  working arms and legs
18.  my brain
19.  pen and paper to write and draw
20.  a computer and TV (electronics)
21.  my great present wrapping ability (Thanks, Mom!)
22.  my part time job
23.  my friends
24.  my sense of humor  -  someone has to find the funny in things
25.  I am able to read
26   love.  I just am.
27.  vacuum cleaners   two words:  dog hair
28.  clean water to drink
29.  deodorant   - yea, I know, but, remember this post?
30.  perfume  (goes along with the deodorant comment)
31. a hike with my family
32.  family game night
33.  family movie night
34.  fresh air to breathe
35.  trees
36.  snow  (yea, I'm strange.  I love snow)
37.  beaches  (not the movie, but going to the beach)
38.  music
39.  my memories   both good and bad
40.  my senses   (sight, smell, hearing, touch and taste)
41.  my blog  (somewhere to write about the scary events in my life
42.  my blog readers  (if there are any?)
43.  words   whether spoken or written.  I enjoy them.
44.  letters  I love getting letters in the mail.  who doesn't?
45.  the library
46.  white vinegar  RT would think there was something wrong if I didn't mention it
47.  the Internet   a wealth of information at my fingertips
48.  phones    to talk to people that are far away
49.  trails by our house
50.  a working toilet
51.  toilet paper   no explanation needed
52.  the sun
53.  my garden
54.  rain  to help my garden grow
55.  bees  (that help my garden and flowers)
56.  my daily walks
57.  ice cubes   I love ice water
58.  art
59.  my dreams   they are quite entertaining
60.  being a Girl Scout Leader
61.  tooth brushes / toothpaste  (dental care)
62.  mints   for those that forget to brush their teeth
63.  my comb   the one I got from Patti, love it!
64.  my homemade lip balm
65.  lint brush  remember?  dog hair
66.  coupons   nothing like saving some extra cash
67.  a good book to read
68.  refrigerator / freezer
69.  washer / dryer
70.  a good conversation
71.  electricity
72.  freshly made salsa   especially with home grown tomatoes
73.  hummus
74.  popcorn   I love popcorn!
75.  my sewing machine
76.  humor and a good laugh
77.  RT's dry sense of humor
78.  my list making ability    How am I doing?
79.  cheese   I like cheese
80.  olive oil    What would us Greeks do without our olive oil?
81.  cameras
82.  razors   we would all be hairy beasts without them
83.  my creative punishments   I wouldn't be doing this if I kept my mouth shut!
84.  sleep    let's hope I get some soon
85.  RT's job    been a long time coming
86.  I can buy shoes for my kids   (long story)
87.  my imagination    (I try to keep it on a leash)
88.  freedom   to do almost anything
89.  RT making soup for me     yum!
90.  Martha Stewart    someone has to do things perfectly
91.  my back scratcher   best Christmas gift ever
92.  clean underwear   in case I get into an accident
93.  my food processor
94.  my Vitamix  oh, wait!  I don't have one.
94.  my Vitamix savings jar   (I'm saving for one)
95.  hair ties  (ponys  pony tails)
96.  sunglasses
97.  heat / air conditioning
98.  hanging out with my kids
99.  flowers
100.  I made it through this list   alive


Did you make a list?

What are some of the things that made it on to your list?

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you like the comb! Great list. I haven't started mine yet, and I might use some of yours. Is that cheating? I do love a good conversation... and white vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your list!

    ReplyDelete