Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Remember the Bad

I don't know what it is, but it seems that people always remember the bad things that happen to me.

My Dad would always bring up this one time we went out to dinner.  We were leaving the restaurant and I was carrying my leftovers, a diaper bag and Nick.  I stepped outside the restaurant, took a few steps and I dropped the leftovers on the sidewalk.  At least it wasn't Nick, right?  I remember my Dad cleaning up Fettuccine Alfredo off the sidewalk in front of the restaurant.  I don't think he was too happy about it.

Years went by and my Dad would always bring up, "the time you dropped your Fettuccine Alfredo on the sidewalk.  Do you remember that?"

Um, yea, Dad, how could I forget when you keep reminding me?

I thought the story would go away.  My Dad passed away a few years ago.  I figured the incident will just be forgotten.

One day, my Mom was in the car, I think we were returning from a dinner out.  She turns to me and says, "Do you remember the time you dropped your leftovers outside the restaurant?"

OMG!  WILL THE JUST FORGET IT ALREADY???  IT WAS 15 YEARS AGO!!

I said, "Yea, and Dad had to clean it up.  How could I forget?  He reminded me about it for years."

I realize that now I am writing about this, the story will live on forever.  Never to be forgotten.

Some day, some one is going to ask me about dropping my Fettuccine Alfredo outside the restaurant and all I can do is smile and say, "At least it wasn't Nick."

No comments:

Post a Comment