Saturday, January 18, 2014

Don't sweat it!

So, as I was driving to work the other day I was thinking about my day ahead of me.  Who I would work with that day.  Would it be busy?  What (if anything) would I be doing for those four hours. 

It's been kind of slow at work and it's nice when you like the people that you are hanging out with for the day.  It's also nice if you have something to do to occupy your time while you are there.

I was at a red light when it came to me.  You see, while waiting at the light  I realized that I forgot to put on some deodorant that morning.

Normally, I can (accidentally) forget to use deodorant and everything works out just fine.  (no odor, no perspiration, nothing)  When I realize that I forgot to use deodorant, well, that's when I'm going to perspire and stink.  It's a psychological thing. 

I called my mom for advice.  She said, "Don't sweat." 

Thanks, Mom.   Easier said than done. 

I was so worked up about trying not to sweat that I could actually feel a sweat trying to come on.  Never mind that it was going to be 18F that day, I was going to sweat like it was 95F hot and humid.

I didn't have time to stop by a store and pick up some deodorant.  I didn't want to be late for work.

So, I did what any normal person would do.  I turned off the heat in the car.  I didn't want to get too warm.  Yea, it was probably 10F outside, but, I didn't want to take the chance and start sweating.  I had to try to make it through four hours of not sweating and I didn't want to start my sweating on the car ride to work.

My day (four hours) was spent trying not to sweat and hoping that I didn't stink.

I felt a little sweat trying to let loose right there at the end of my shift (I was helping a customer, ringing and wrapping).  I am pleased to say that I successfully made it through my four hour shift. 

I went home, took my coat and shoes off, ran to the bathroom and............

put some deodorant on.

1 comment:

  1. You're too funny. For deodorant I use vinegar with lavender oil in a spray bottle. I have to reapply it often during the day. One day I forgot the bottle at home. There's a spray bottle of straight vinegar at work that I ended up using. I like the lavender scent much better, but it worked in a pinch. :)

    ReplyDelete