Saturday, October 12, 2013

They do get along!

Today Bella asked to be taken to Learning Express to get more rubber bands for her rainbow loom. Yes. She has more than enough bands.  I told her to wait for her birthday. RT said to ask Nick to drive her there.  

I was quite surprised when Nick asked me how to get to the store.  I didn't think he would take her.  I gave him directions and the car seat.  I made sure Bella had money (she was using her own money). I also made sure to tell Nick to keep an eye on her money. 

And they were off. 

Sweet, huh?

Well, until I got a phone call from Nick saying that Bella was trying to buy more than she can afford. Good thing she doesn't have a credit card.  I said tell her to get one or two bags and add the rest to her birthday wish list. 

The best part?

Bella came home with one bag (she is adding the rest to her birthday wish list). I said I was proud of how she spent her money. She said "Nick bought them for me."  

The tears are welling up in my eyes again even as I type this post. 

With all of the fighting that goes on between brothers and sisters.  It makes you wonder. The doors slamming. The yelling. The making fun of each other. The irritating (of each other).  The "GET OUT OF MY ROOM"'s.  

I guess they do love each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment