Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkin and Ghost using Popsicle Sticks

Thought I should add to Scary Journey's Halloween crafts for the year before it's too late!  Halloween is creeping up on us.....fast!

I have an enormous amount of Popsicle sticks (unused) that were given to me.  I promised that I would do something fun with them. Why not use them to make something for Halloween?  A pumpkin?  Or a ghost?  Perfect!  I saw these two ideas all over the Internet.  I'm not sure who to give the credit to for the project.  If you want more images on what you can do, just google "Halloween craft using Popsicle sticks" and click on images.  There are a lot of cool ideas out there!

Well, here is my take on the project.

Supplies needed:
Popsicle sticks
orange paint
white paint
paint brush
hot glue
black foam
pipe cleaner (green if making a stem for your pumpkin, black or tiger striped to make pumpkin look like a trick or treat bag)

For the pumpkin:

Paint your Popsicle sticks orange.  Use a Popsicle stick (or two) on the back and start hot gluing the sticks to them.  Cut out your pumpkin's face out of the black foam and glue to the sticks.  Adjust your pipe cleaners (into a stem if using green) (into a half circle if making a treat bag) and glue to back.

For the ghost:
 

Paint your Popsicle sticks white and glue to two small sticks (I cut pieces from one of the Popsicle sticks).  Make a scary face by cutting it out of the black foam and glue to the sticks.

Easy project for kids!  This would make a great Halloween craft for girl scouts, too!
 
BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment