Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Cleaning up after the dogs

Well, I guess I could title this post, "Cleaning up dog poop."  That would be more like it.

When we adopted/rescued our dogs I was told (by my children) that they would do everything for the dog.  OK, when we adopted Newton, the boys were 2 and 5.  I didn't expect a whole lot.  They did quite a bit of feeding and their share of cleaning up dog poop.

About a year ago, I was told the same thing.  Alex and Bella wanted another puppy and said that I "wouldn't have to do anything."  Well, except let the dog out during the day while they were at school.  So, we rescued Pippen.  A year later and guess who is taking care of both dogs?

I do try to get the kids to help. It's not always that easy.

If I don't feed the dogs they don't eat.  If I don't check their water bowls, they will probably remain empty.  If I don't complain long enough (or do it myself) the dogs won't get brushed.  Which then leads to if I don't vacuum then our house will fill up with dog hair.  And, if I don't clean up the dog poop, the piles will be taller than our house in no time.

Having a dog is a lot of work and responsibility.  Throw in a second dog and things double.  Especially the dog poop!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I clean up a lot of dog poop.  It seems that with the addition of Pippen to our family, there has been a HUGE increase. 

I do like to hang outdoors, so, that's an added plus to having to do the clean up.

It's a lot easier to find me now.  Now the answer to, "Where's Mom?" is, "She's out cleaning up dog poop!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment