Thursday, October 3, 2013

Government Shutdown

If you are looking for a serious post about the government shutdown, This isn't it.   I'm not a person who spouts off about politics, but, I found this conversation funny and thought I would share.

The boys have each expressed concern (separately) about the government shutdown. 

Nick wondered about it, thinking it would be a terrible thing to happen.  I explained that this isn't the first time that the government has shut down (and I'm sure it won't be the last time).  Thanks to the media, this shut down is being made out to be similar to the end of the world. 

Alex was asking about the shut down and our tax dollars.  I said it probably isn't a bad thing.  At least the government won't be spending our money.  They might just save us some money just by shutting down.  I then went on to say that Obama needs to learn a little about saving some money and watching his spending.  This then lead Alex to say that I should be president.  He can see me in the middle of meetings when they start talking about how much something is going to cost.  "There's my mom, whipping out a 20% off coupon."  Or worse yet, googling to find a coupon.  And then Alex said the Oval Office would be filled with little sock owls.*

*I have been making little sock owls for Bella's birthday that I will share in a later post.  Alex is afraid that he will one day come home open his bedroom door and his room will be filled with sock owls.   

No comments:

Post a Comment