Wednesday, October 30, 2013

My Halloween Post

Hi!  Happy Halloween!

I'm posting this a little early. 

Here are some fun Halloween highlights.

Our church does a 500lb pumpkin drop every year.  If Alex heard me he would say, "Actually it was 466 lbs."  They do this in the church parking lot.  It was done for fun the first year and by popular demand has been brought back every year. 
they had to use a crane to raise the pumpkin high enough
The pumpkin is dropped into a small kiddie pool filled with water
and makes a HUGE MESS SPLASH *
Pumpkin chunks and seeds fly everywhere
The kids then rush in to grab a piece of the pumpkin to take home
Thankfully Bella just grabbed one of the rubber pumpkins in the kiddie pool
not sure what we would have done with a huge chunk of pumpkin
*it makes a huge mess, too..glad I don't have to clean it up!

Pumpkin drop
That's the action shot
If I ever get RT's video, I'll post it.  It's pretty cool
There was some Trick or Treating, too
my little witch
 
Ron's Garbage Co.
thought this one was cute

Then some pumpkins got carved
hoping they don't fall off the top of our deck

intense pumpkin carving...
 
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment