Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'm stepping out

The other night we were at a neighbor's house for a barbeque.  Everyone brought something (I brought a fruit salad) (and, I found out several other people did, too). 
The food was ready and people started eating.  I thought I would wait until it died down a bit.  RT an I were one of the last ones to go eat.  They were serving hot dogs and hamburgers.  RT mentioned that I am a vegetarian.  (I haven't gone around and told anyone)  A few people were worried about what I would eat.  Another said, What brings this on?  (like it's a disease)  And another asked how long I will be doing this "vegetarian thing?" 
I haven't announced it to anyone.  Well, I guess I am now.  I am not doing this to inconvenience anyone.  I don't need any special meals made for me.   I just feel better when I eat this way.  I did do grass fed beef and was better eating that than the corn fed beef.  After watching "Forks over Knives," I felt the need to at least try going vegetarian and see how I like it.  I feel better.  It hasn't been that long (maybe 6 or 8 weeks?). 
So, I guess I am stepping out of the closet and letting everyone know that I am now a vegetarian. 
By the way, I ate fruit salad for dinner at the party and felt great afterwards.
I feel better being out of that stuffy closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment