Thursday, June 7, 2012

Shot of Apple Cider Vinegar

So, I had this crazy suggestion to try a shot of apple cider vinegar.  I still have my cold.  My coughing and problems breathing are not helping RT get any sleep (sorry, RT).  If I talk, I start coughing.  I don't think I need to talk to cough.  I had to break out the lozenges last night.  (it was either that or search for some on the path)
Last night, I read a comment that said to try apple cider vinegar.  I thought, why not?  I couldn't find a shot glass and just eye balled the amount in a regular glass.  Good thing I'm not a bartender.  My shot was more like a half glass (don't ask me to bartend your parties).  I drank it down. 
The neighbors all came outside to find out what made that awful noise.  Ugh!  Is that awful!  Made me nauseous.  I worried that the acv I drank was bad?  I thought I would have vinegar breath for the rest of my life.  Not a bad thing.  I'm greek and love vinegar.  And I believe that vinegar is a cure all for everything.
I do have to say that for how nasty tasting it was, I was actually "thinking" I was feeling better.  I did pull my hair back because I was so worried about the nauseous feeling.
I did sleep good last night.  Well, until 3am(I was wide awake from 3 until 7).  And I feel a lot better today.  Good enough to go for a walk.
Thanks, Patti, for the suggestion.  I owe you one.
I have to go, I'm off to look for my shot glass.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, did I forget to tell you that apple cider vinegar makes you feel nauseated for about a minute after you drink it?? Oops, my bad. I'm glad it helped. Are you still feeling okay?

    Btw, if your shots are like half a glass, I definitely want you as bartender!

    ReplyDelete